Hurco Introduces Chipmaker Challenge Contest
Qualified shops must answer a series of questions and provide an essay and/or video during the application period for the chance to pitch their business plan and win a brand new milling machine or lathe at the upcoming IMTS show in September.
Joe Braun, the general manager of Hurco Companies Inc. (Indianapolis, IN), announced at the 2014 amerimold show that Hurco will launch the first ever Chipmaker Challenge contest on July 1.
The Chipmaker Challenge gives new shops the chance to pitch their business plan, win a brand new machine, and control their future with their choice of a Hurco VMX42i mill or TM8i lathe.
Qualified participants will answer a series of questions and provide an essay and/or video during the application period (July 1 through August 8). The top five finalists will appear in front of a panel of judges at the Hurco IMTS booth Tuesday, September 9, in Chicago.
“The idea of the Chipmaker Challenge evolved as we discussed ways to add some excitement to IMTS and get publicity for the entrepreneurs in our industry who do remarkable things each and every day,” said Braun. “Our customers are competitive, proud of the businesses they’ve built, and the products they make. We decided to model the Chipmaker Challenge after the TV show Shark Tank in order to create an exciting, competitive, entertaining event that showcases manufacturing entrepreneurs and highlights the hi-tech aspect of manufacturing in this country. We know there is an effort to rebrand manufacturing so young people and their parents better understand 21st century manufacturing and we hope the Chipmaker Challenge might bring more attention to the industry.”
- WHAT: The Hurco Chipmaker Challenge is a contest sponsored by Hurco that will showcase the immense value of manufacturing entrepreneurs.
- WHEN: Applications will be accepted July 1 through August 8.
- Five finalists will be selected to pitch their business plan in front of a panel of judges at the Hurco IMTS booth Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014.
- WHO: Entrepreneurs in the manufacturing industry who have been in business five years or less.
- PRIZE: A brand new Hurco VMX42i mill or TM8i lathe (winner’s choice).
- Complete terms, conditions, and eligibility requirements will be available July 1.