Wilson Tool Marks 20th Anniversary of Press Brake Division
Birthed from a single line of press brake tooling back in 1994, the press brake division now manufactures the most comprehensive selection of press brake tooling solutions available anywhere.
Wilson Tool International (White Bear Lake, MN), the worlds’ largest independent manufacturer of tooling systems for the metal fabrication industry, celebrates the 20th anniversary of its press brake tooling division in 2014.
Launched in 1994, Wilson Tool’s press brake division began by manufacturing a single line of tooling for the press brake. Today, the company offers the most comprehensive selection of press brake tooling solutions available anywhere.
From standard tooling solutions for European style, American Precision®, WT Style Precision™ and Exacta conventional press brake tooling to special customized tooling for the most unique bending applications, plus an array of clamping solutions designed to speed setups, Wilson Tool provides the broadest selection of tooling options to press brake fabricators around the world.
In 2002, Wilson Tool began offering press brake tooling specials to provide customers with solutions to their most challenging bending applications. The company also leverages decades of combined experience in the press brake division to offer ongoing training to customers through seminars, fabrication forums, phone support and webinars.
“The growth of our press brake division during the past two decades has been remarkable,” said Chris Lawless, the president of Wilson Tool. “Much of that success is owed to a highly experienced staff that is passionate about delivering world class solutions. We are proud to continue that tradition and look forward to providing press brake fabricators with tooling solutions that are designed to improve productivity and achieve even greater success for many years to come.”
Through the years, Wilson Tool has achieved numerous milestones in press brake tooling including:
- European precision tooling introduced (1994)
- The introduction of Wilson Express Clamp® (1997)
- The introduction of 75-Degree line of tooling (1998)
- The launch of the press brake division in Europe (2000)
- American precision staged (common shut height) tooling introduced (2001)
- The introduction of proprietary Nitrex™ surface enhancement (2001)
- Start manufacturing complex special press brake tooling (2002)
- The plant in Swindon England started manufacturing press brake tooling (2005)
- The introduction of PowerExpress® hydraulic clamping system (2006)
- The introduction of WT Style press brake tooling (2006)
- The introduction of European staged press brake tooling (2007)
- HCS hydraulic clamping made available to press brake manufacturers (2009)
- The introduction of V-Series press brake dies (2009)
- The introduction of grooved style press brake tooling (2009)
- Introduction of laser hardened tools (2009)
- The introduction of ExpressRail hydraulic press brake clamps (2010)
- The purchase of EXACTA Fabtool of Canada and introduction of conventional tooling with induction hardening (2010)
- The purchase of Toolspress of Italy (2012)
- Introduction of V-Series Black dies (2014)
In addition to delivering innovative world-class solutions, Wilson Tool’s network of manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, England, and Italy enables the company to offer industry-leading turnaround times to customers around the globe.
Wilson Tool plans to celebrate the anniversary throughout the year with a number of events to be announced soon.