Mate Precision Tooling leads the punching industry with another first – the all new Mate Enumerator™ Sequential Numbering Tool designed to stamp sequential serial numbers, dates and codes on fabricated parts. The Mate Enumerator is a thick turret 3-1/2 in D station special assembly with integral punch holder. At the core of the assembly is a robust spring-loaded stamping head with six numerical stamp wheels. Each wheel features the numbers from 0 to 9 engraved around the circumference. The spring loaded advancing arm of the stamping head engages with a rocker arm that advances the wheel heads one number at a time, from 000000 to 999999. The Mate Enumerator operates in two modes. Sequential Number Mode: Use this mode to create sequential numbers. The Enumerator will advance by one number for each complete stroke the tool makes. The operator can set the starting number and depth of penetration. Fixed Number Mode: Use this mode to create fixed numbers such as date, batch number, or part number. The operator can set starting number and depth of penetration. Additional Mate Enumerator design features include:
- Four external keyways in the 3-1/2 in D station punch holder allows orientation of the assembly at 0, 90,180 or 270 deg.
- Standard Enumerator character height of 0.118 in (3.00 mm) and optional heights available of 6 x 0.098 in (2.50 mm), 6 x 0.078 in (2.00 mm) and 6 x 0.059 in (1.50 mm).
- Depth of penetration is adjustable in 0.002 in (0.05 mm) increments for precise control of number appearance.
- Enumerator tool system is designed for use on material thicknesses from 0.020 in (0.50 mm) to 0.250 in (6.35 mm).
- Fully self-contained and requires no additional software or machine code. Operates on any thick turret punch press with a 3-1/2 in D station.
AIDA-America’s 300-Ton Servo Press Increases Productivity at Graham Stamping
AIDA-America Corp. (Dayton, OH) provided Graham Stamping Co. (Hermitage, PA) with a 300-ton unitized frame servo press, the DSF-N2-3000 press.
Beckwood Delivers Hydraulic and Servo-Electric Presses to Supplier of Solid-State Batteries
Beckwood Press Co. (St. Louis, MO) has delivered a 500-ton, 4-post hydraulic press and a 50-ton servo-electric press to a U.S. manufacturer of solid-state batteries.
ATI Industrial Automation Acquired by Novanta
As of August 31, ATI Industrial Automation (Apex, NC) was officially purchased by Novanta Inc. (Bedford, MA). Novanta provides laser systems, vision systems, and motion-control components to manufacturers of medical equipment and advanced industrial equipment.