Verisurf Software, Inc. (Chicago, IL) is pleased to announce Verisurf X8 with many new enhancements that make stationary coordinate measuring machines (CMMs), portable CMMs and 3D scanners more productive for automated inspection, guided assembly and reverse engineering.
Built on a powerful CAD platform, Verisurf X8 provides a variety of manufacturing measurement solutions to meet the needs of the quality lab and in-process applications on the shop floor.
“We are very excited to introduce Verisurf X8; the new AUTOMATE™ module enables quality engineers to program and run automated inspection routines on fixed gantry CMMs, while expanding portable in-process inspection and reverse engineering measurement applications across the manufacturing enterprise,” said Ernie Husted, the president of Verisurf Software. “Whether the customer wants a single point solution or a company-wide measurement platform, Verisurf X8 can meet their needs.”
An overview and demonstration of AUTOMATE from Verisurf.
Verisurf X8 has many new enhancements including:
- New Verisurf AUTOMATE Module with intuitive 3D experience, graphical object oriented programming and support for open standards that increase freedom of choice.
- Verisurf Mobile on demand browser-based application using responsive design to provide user accessibility across all mobile platforms.
- Enhanced User Interface with cleaner aesthetics, entity selection, enhanced rendering, shading, translucence and, lighting. Larger icon options for increasingly higher resolution displays.
- Direct Solid Model and editing of imported solid models with a streamlined interface, dynamic push and pull modeling of features, holes, surfaces and fillets.
- Color Point Cloud Support for large volume 3D scanners used for aerospace, defense, ship building and processing plant manufacturing, overhaul and documentation.
- Enhanced Feature Fitting to point clouds and STL mesh for fast geometric feature recognition and reverse engineering.
- Enhanced Measurement Settings and onscreen information display makes the measurement settings and results faster and easier to set and read.
- Enhanced Grouping and Naming improves the organization, selection, display and use of measurement data.
- Improved Minimum Zone Fitting supports best fit algorithms preferred by standards organizations.
- Software Security Features with permissions based access to Verisurf files, modules and features.
- Updated InspectionXpert Interface for automating drawing based first article inspection and reporting.
- New Touch Toolbar to support coordinate metrology touch screen applications and emerging Windows 8 tablets on the manufacturing floor.
- Enhanced 3D PDF Reports with support for 3D Model Based Definition (MBD) and color measurement reports.
Verisurf X8 was released in September 2014 and available to all customers with current software maintenance contracts. Live demonstrations can be viewed online and select tradeshows.
The company is a three-dimensional measurement solutions company, committed to delivering advanced computer-aided surface analysis, inspection, tool building, assembly guidance and reverse engineering solutions. Verisurf solutions help manufacturers produce higher quality products in less time and at a lower cost with automated, Model-Based processes.
GWS Tool Group Announces Acquisition of STF Precision (STF)
The acquisition of STF Precision enhances the GWS product portfolio and capabilities in the area of PCD and CBN solutions and further expands the GWS manufacturing presence into the Carolinas.
Amid Challenges, Majority of Metalformers Predict Little Change in Economic Activity
U.S and Canadian incoming orders expected to remain steady, according to the latest barometer reading from the Precision Metalforming Association.