During the FABTECH 2015 trade show TigerStop, LLC (Vancouver, WA) unveiled their new fully automated TigerSaw 2000 cross‐cutting saw system with an adjustable cutting envelope, pneumatic clamping and a patent‐pending, innovative lube mister. Made in the United States, the rugged construction of the TigerSaw 2000 pairs a 17.7 in (450 mm) saw with an accurate, powerful pusher system that ensures finished‐part cut quality. This system incorporates fast, precise, automated lineal cutting software and crayon marking of defects for maximum material yield.
The TigerSaw 2000 also includes a number of new features: an adjustable cutting envelope that can accommodate various saw blade sizes from 350 mm to 500 mm, pneumatic clamping for handling delicate material, an air over oil for improved cut quality, and a patent-pending lube misting system which follows the blade delivering lubrication at the cut point for increased blade life. The TigerSaw 2000 is an ideal choice for cutting aluminum extrusions, tube and pipe (both solid and hollow) and pack sawing. It performs cross cutting automation and material optimization, both of which are functions usually only attributed to larger systems that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars – which means small to medium‐sized shops can now afford the performance and efficiency typically found in larger plant operations.
“TigerSaw 2000 is designed to greatly increase yield, speed and accuracy,” says Spencer Dick, the founder and president of TigerStop. “It includes some real innovative improvements, like an adjustable cutting envelope with best‐in‐class capacity and pneumatic material horizontal clamping.” TigerSaw 2000 automates the entire cross cutting process with a computer‐controlled system that is accurate, intuitive and easy to use. Other system features include:
- Adjustable cutting envelope: pack sawing of different sizes, shapes and various profiles are easily accommodated from 5 in x 5 in to 1 in x 15 in envelopes with 450 mm blade or 6 in x 6 in to 1in x 16 in with 500 mmm blade.
- Air over oil cylinder: easily adjustable, saw stroke speed control gives a smooth, powerful cut and great finish to metal.
- Patent pending lube mister that follows the blade improves cut quality and blade life.
- Fully automatic, pneumatic clamping in both vertical and horizontal positions: no more time‐consuming manual adjustments and the clamps are capable of holding various profiles.
- Centralized pneumatic adjustment point: operators can easily adjust saw stroke speed, pneumatic clamping speed, lube mist volume and more.
- Push up to 2,100 lb: TigerSaw 2000 can be configured to push large, heavy material or smaller, lighter material.
- Part list downloading: directly download parts lists and save time.
- TigerTouch touch screen control: simple and intuitive interface will improve operator performance and material yield.
- Crayon defect marking: defects and cuts finished parts all in one step. Inkjet label directly on cut parts OR on printed labels.
TigerStop, LLC, 12909 NE 95th Street, Vancouver, WA 98682, 360-254-0661, Fax: 360-260-0755, www.tigerstop.com.
Amid Challenges, Majority of Metalformers Predict Little Change in Economic Activity
U.S and Canadian incoming orders expected to remain steady, according to the latest barometer reading from the Precision Metalforming Association.
U.S. Manufacturing Grows in September –– PMI Dips 0.6% to 55.4
The Institute for Supply Management reports that among the six biggest industries, food, beverage & tobacco remains the best-performing sector, with fabricated metal and chemical products growing strongly.