In Booths B27037 and A6563, FANUC America Corporation (Rochester Hills, MI) will demonstrate a wide range of their automation systems for welding, painting, and laser processing. They will introduce the new FANUC Fiber (FF) Laser series oscillators that are compact, high performance and reliable fiber lasers. This series offers a 500 W to 6 kW range (models FF500iA to FF6000iA) of laser oscillators with direct and high speed control through the FANUC Laser robot that is equipped with LaserTool application software that features built-in commands to provide high speed operation and precise control for a wide range of cutting, welding and additive manufacturing tasks. Additional features and benefits include:
- Synchronized controls such as laser start and stop sequencing, high speed pulsing, ramping, gas, and wire feed control produce high quality results.
- Supports welding and cutting applications, as well as built-in low power mode for marking applications through simple software settings from the teach pendant.
- Highly quality and long life laser diodes offer years of cost-effective operation.
- New LD power supplies have an improved design, increasing performance through high speed circuit technology.
- Enhanced back reflection protection and built-in diagnostics improve reliability, and a modular construction makes it easy to service.
- Laser operations user interface allows customers to check system status with a teach pendant or web browser.
Also being demonstrated will be their ARC Mate 100iD robot arc welding robot that offers a “sleek” and lightweight design with internal cable routing and a curved J2 robot arm that minimizes interference with workpieces and fixtures and allows more productivity in the work area. This new robot also features a longer reach and stroke – even in the backflip region – making it easier for users to apply the robot while maximizing their available workspace, including larger parts or tooling. Also on display will be the new FANUC P-40iA intelligent robot that is designed for a variety of painting and coating applications. During the show, it will be equipped with the latest R-30iB Plus Mate controller and will demonstrate painting motorcycle fuel tanks.
FANUC America Corporation, 3900 West Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, 248-377-7000, www.fanucamerica.com.
Lucifer Builds Custom Dual-Chamber Furnace
A Midwest company has put a new Red Devil unit into service to heat treat steel parts in-house. Cost effective and customized with safety features, the RD8-KHE18 furnace offers space-saving working dimensions of 12 x 14 x 18 inches in both chambers.
Smart Visual Inspection Technology Meets Metrology Products
A new Mitutoyo-Kitov agreement will lead to the integration of Kitov technologies in Mituoyo’s metrology solutions. Look for future development of more solutions to come from the new partners as they combine Mitutoyo’s measurement technologies with Kitov’s planning and inspection technologies.
Unison Ups Product Support Scope, Accessibility with ‘UltimateCare’
The rebranded service program facilitates selection of the right maintenance solutions, and also offers additional services such as CAD modellng, component prototyping and process optimization. Customers can choose services ala-carte or in tailored, bundled agreements.