For punching, shearing (round, square, angle, flat bar), coping, notching and forming in one machine, the MM Series Complete Five-Station Fabrication Center from Kalamazoo Metal Muncher (Plainwell, MI) provides a two-cylinder/two-person operation that allows the punch and shear end to be operated separately, independently and simultaneously at full capacity and speed. MM Series features include:
- Adjustable stroke length up to 9 in.
- Up to 3 in ram size easily adapts to accept over-size / special tooling.
- Easy to change punch and die holder. Die block easily removed to accept unlimited accessories.
- Swing-away stripper gives ready access to the ram stem and makes punch changing quick and easy.
- Standard large throat design increases versatility by accepting special tooling/die sets.
- Standard large table gives the user an ideal work area and accepts up to a 48 in brakeset and large special tooling.
- All work stations are at approximately the same height for ease in material handling.
- Press cylinder is foot pedal activated (rear electric foot control for shear end available).
- Includes complete electrics: 220/440V standard, other voltages available at additional cost by request.
- Comes complete with hydraulic oil and is ready to operate. Lubrication points are marked and easily accessible.
Special capacity options include:
- Hy-performance blade to increase flat bar shearing capacity.
- Adjustable tonnage control feature available.
- Speed-up kit increases ram speed on press and shear end cylinder.
- Available in 40 ton, 70 ton, 100 ton and 135 ton versions.
Kalamazoo Metal Muncher also offers their GB Series Hydraulic Punch Press that is ideal as a dedicated punch press, but easily accepts a wide range of standard and optional accessories or can be fitted with special tooling to allow shearing or forming. The GB Series is a great buy for any shop that needs a solid, dependable, dedicated punch press, yet needs the ability to expand the capabilities of a press to allow shearing or forming for special jobs. Available in 40 ton through 135 ton standard models, the 40 ton press has a 7 in x 9 in throat and the 70 ton, 100 ton and 135 ton machines come standard with a 9 in x 14 in or a 18 in x 18 in throat. Their DP Series Twin Hydraulic Punch Press can double production with two hydraulic punch presses, back-to-back, operated from a single power source. Each punch press has a separate control to allow independent and simultaneous two-person operation at full capacity and speed. Each press can be set up with different tooling to perform separate operations. Punch press optional accessories include:
- Heavy Duty Gauging Table
- Press Production Table
- Structural Die block
- Standard 4-Way Brake Set
- Special Brake Die Holder
- Pipe Notcher
- Pipe Shear
- Channel Shear
- Mitering Angle Shear
- Rod Shear
- Spear Point (Picket) Tooling
- Adjustable Work Support Roller
- Over-sized 28XX and Special Punches and Dies
HGG Appoints Brandon Welch to Position of Western Sales Manager
HGG Profiling Equipment Inc. (Houston, TX) has appointed Brandon Welch to be western states sales manager with responsibility for 1) sales of new machinery and 2) service and support of HGG customers west of the Mississippi.
Winners of Welding Competition at Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show
Three welding students won scholarships at the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show (WIMTS), which was held Oct. 5-7 at Wisconsin State Fair Park.