For use with a multitude of welding processes, including stick, MIG, TIG, flux-cored, plasma cutting, arc gouging and grinding, the Statiflex® Complete weld fume control system from The Lincoln Electric® Company (Cleveland, OH) is available in a 4-, 8- or 12-bank configuration that is ideal for automation, fabrication, indoor welding facilities and welding education/training applications. This extraction unit is a self-cleaning, small footprint unit where the filters, fan and controls are all contained in one package. These systems are equipped with the Smart Connect™ control panel for filter cleaning, optional Spark Guardian for applications with an increased fire risk, and an optional Transformer Kit available for 575V applications. All systems also have Merv 11 and 16 filter cartridge options. The 4-bank model uses a 4 hp fan motor with variable speed starter, while the 8-bank and 12-bank models use a 10 hp motor with variable speed starter.
Designed with the welder in mind, each Statiflex Complete system provides the following benefits:
- Automatic Cleaning. The system is capable of monitoring differential pressure across the filters. If detected above a pre-set value, the system knows that filters are clogged and automatically starts the cleaning process. The particulate is blown off the filters by controlled blasts of compressed air, causing the dust to fall into the dust bin where contaminants can be extracted.
- Quick and Simple Installation. The system is delivered in pallets to the site and has a simple five-step installation process.
- Quiet Operation. The fan compartment is lined with premium quality, sound-absorbing material to reduce operating noise. The silencer on the exhaust side of the fan reduces airflow noise, resulting in a quietly operating fume extraction system.
- Intelligent Fan Control Technology. The variable frequency drive (VFD) fine-tunes the extraction airflow to the requirements of the application. The VFD also regulates the fan speed based on filter loading to maintain consistent airflow. This adjustment capability maximizes fume extraction, conserves energy and extends the equipment life, which ultimately results in capital expenditure savings.
- Small Footprint. The unit can be installed next to a robotic or plasma cutting system without taking up a large amount of floor space.
Lincoln also offers the Statiflex 800, a wall-mounted weld fume extraction and filtration system that can curtail operating costs via a self-cleaning filtration system that reduces the frequency of filter replacement. This system is designed with dual-arm capacity that includes an optional extended reach of 27 ft. Statiflex 800 is ideal for heavy-duty extraction and filtration in facilities with fixed workstations and limited floor space. Its airflow in the single-arm configuration is 735 cfm, while the airflow for the dual-arm configuration is 1,200 cfm. The system includes a filter capacity of 568 sq ft and an internal spark arrestor that functions as a pre-filter for larger size particulate. Designed with efficiency and cost savings in mind, this automatic filter cleaning system is an on-board cleaning mechanism that uses blasts of compressed air to knock particulate from the filter surface, extending the time interval between filter replacement.
The flexibility of the Statiflex system enables the user to create a configuration tailored to individual needs. Start with the base unit and choose an extraction arm, wall mounting hardware, starting control, fan and (where applicable) the extension crane mounting. This system is made in the U.S. (of U.S. and foreign content), is covered by a three-year warranty, and is available in 14 One-Pak® packages for easy ordering. Each package includes different options to suit specific fume extraction needs.
Lincoln also offers the Mobiflex® 400-MS self-cleaning welding fume extraction and filtration system that extends filter life and reduces maintenance in smaller manufacturing facilities by providing light to medium duty welding fume extraction in variable locations. This fume extractor has a RotaPulse® automatic filter cleaning system and large filter capacity that enables users to maintain operation effectiveness and decrease downtime with less filter changes. The filter status indicator monitors the amount of particulate in the filter cartridge to alert the user when it is time for replacement. The self-cleaning benefit included in the Mobiflex 400-MS base model reduces the number of filter replacements compared to a non-self-cleaning model, providing users with significant savings and the potential for a high return on investment. The internal spark arrestor – a safety measurement functioning as a pre-filter for larger sized particulate – prevents sparks from reaching the filter. The system provides automatic on and off operation in models having extraction arms equipped with an arc sensor and lamp kit.
The Mobiflex 400-MS base unit includes a plastic housing, two-foot flexible hose and choice of MERV 14 or MERV 16-rated filter. A 10 ft or 13 ft extraction arm, with or without the factory-installed arc sensor/lamp kit, or a hose/hood set is required to complete the system. The fume extraction arms are flexible and lightweight while remaining rugged, reliable, and dent and scratch-resistant, enabling easy transportation. Lastly, the arms come equipped with a 360 deg rotatable hood for optimal positioning. Several One-Pak packages are available for easy ordering. Each package includes a base unit and an extraction arm.
The Lincoln Electric Company, 22801 Saint Clair Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44117-1199, 888-355-3213, www.lincolnelectric.com.
Cosen Saws’ Industry Leading Customer Support
Cosen Saws of Charlotte, North Carolina delivers excellent service with a reliable network of technicians throughout North America.
Research Building Bridges for Seco Customers
At Lund University, Rachid M’Saoubi (Senior Research & Development (R&D) Expert) is helping Seco and its customers stay competitive and thrive by building bridges between the academic world and the real world.