In Booth B-29074, ATI Industrial Automation, Inc. (Apex, NC) will demonstrate the new, patent-pending Compliant Deburring Blade (CDB), their most versatile deburring tool that is a direct replacement for manual material removal processes. It provides high flexibility through a simple device with a pneumatically-controlled, articulated design that gives users the ability to tune the contact force to accommodate specific applications by changing the air pressure. Its durable interface accommodates a variety of readily available blades and media used with hand deburring tools. The blades can be changed out quickly by hand without using additional tools. There is an option to include automatic blade changing for hands-free blade changeover if required. With interchangeable blades and variable contact force, the CDB thrives in many diverse application environments and excels in light and medium deburring operations on materials such as plastic, aluminum, steel, brass, and more.
The CDB’s axial and radial compliance allows for constant contact force where surface irregularities are present to produce consistent results. Other features include:
- A pneumatically-actuated compliance mechanism that enables dynamic control of contact force to accommodate applications, such as edge deburring, chamfering, countersinking, and scraping.
- A robust collet that accepts standard off-the-shelf hand deburring blades; media changeover does not require additional tools.
- No motor noise helps to reduce ambient noise in the work environment.
- A simple mechanical design without high-speed moving parts makes this tool ideal for collaborative processes.
- Operators can easily switch between full radial and single-axis compliance.
- Radial and axial compliance that allow fast and easy programming of the robot. The movement of the blade compensates for changes in part tolerances, part misalignment, and robot path variation.
Integrating the Compliant Deburring Blade in a robotic material removal application not only reduces robotic programming time, it also makes the programming process more manageable. The CDB attaches easily to any robot with an adapter plate and mounts directly, in any orientation, to a bench or fixture. The streamlined design does not use any high-speed moving parts – ideal for collaborative applications. Its simplified programming helps users get up and running quickly. This tool offers users more control to optimize their light- to medium-duty material removal processes. It is easy to change the blades, the air pressure and the type of compliance to achieve a specific result. The Compliant Deburring Blade is like having an entire material removal tool kit in a single, straightforward device.
ATI Industrial Automation, Inc., 1031 Goodworth Drive, Apex, NC 27539, 919-772-0115, Fax: 919-772-8259, www.ati-ia.com.
HGG Appoints Brandon Welch to Position of Western Sales Manager
HGG Profiling Equipment Inc. (Houston, TX) has appointed Brandon Welch to be western states sales manager with responsibility for 1) sales of new machinery and 2) service and support of HGG customers west of the Mississippi.
Winners of Welding Competition at Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show
Three welding students won scholarships at the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show (WIMTS), which was held Oct. 5-7 at Wisconsin State Fair Park.