Centerpoint 10 is the updated version of Insight Centerpoint weld data monitoring software from Miller Electric Mfg. LLC (Appleton, WI) that is designed for greater ease of use, faster startup time and a drastically shortened learning curve. Offering guidance and control within the weld cell, Insight Centerpoint helps operations detect missed welds, verify proper weld sequences and ensure consistent weld quality in manufacturing applications such as heavy equipment, agriculture and transportation. “This is the most established, advanced data monitoring solution in the industry,” said Jason Bonnell, the product manager for Insight Welding Intelligence™. “Centerpoint 10 includes a completely new interface to enhance the capabilities for navigation and self-discovery of features — making the software easier to use.”
The improved interface results in faster setup time and includes a customizable operator interface that shows information relevant to the user across all screen sizes. Enhanced capabilities of the software include the following:
- Drag and drop part creation eliminates the hassle of dialogue boxes when importing digital assets such as videos, pictures, documents and other media. Simply drag and drop into the new Centerpoint media manager. Also, users can create a part completely within the Centerpoint program — eliminating the need to create the part outside of the program and import it in.
- Slide master allows users to create a customizable theme slide that applies across all slides, which saves time when large changes are required.
- Centralized database allows users to create parts and jobs to be done from their office and deploy the updates to the shop floor without traveling to the weld cell.
- Integrated reports, an improved built-in reporting tool that displays productivity and quality data as well as welder activities — viewable by device or by individual operator.
- Browser based reporting allows anyone within the enterprise to view the weld quality and productivity data collected from the welding operation through Centerpoint software on a localized server.
- Job tracking records all activities that go into the creation of a welded product. A browser-based user interface eliminates the need for a PC in the workstation, allowing an operator to easily record everything that goes into creating a part, such as base material and filler metal type.
Insight Centerpoint 10 also includes many software features from the previous version. Part Tracking™ technology provides real-time operator feedback to prevent missed welds, ensure accurate weld sequence and confirm proper welding parameters. WorkFlow™ technology enables users to present electronic work instructions for pre, intra and post-weld activities using video, PDF and many other digital documents for consistent standardized production from every operator.
Miller also has a new addition to their fleet of universal weld data monitoring solutions that provide the benefits of weld data monitoring across an entire welding fleet, regardless of manufacturer: ArcAgent™ for Insight Core is a cloud-based system that delivers a full understanding of a company’s welding productivity and quality metrics. “This brand-neutral solution brings the benefits of our Insight Core software to any machine — new or old — in a company’s welding fleet for a complete picture of productivity,” noted Bonnell. “This opens the door for full reporting on a shop floor, even with a mixed fleet.”
The ArcAgent for Insight Core system uses either a wired or wireless internet connection to communicate to the cloud. The system has the ability via external sensors to monitor voltage, current, two wire feed speeds and gas flow, which allows for complete analysis of an operation based on its established productivity and quality goals. There are no required data or maintenance fees. ArcAgent solutions, the devices that enable weld data software integration with any brand of welding power source, previously were available only with Insight Centerpoint™ software, but this new offering expands the ArcAgent family of products, making the cloud-based Insight Core solution available for any power source. Insight Core systems include these features:
- Productivity dashboard, providing instant visibility of arc-on time and wire deposition by location, work cell, power source or operator.
- Quality dashboard, for analysis and reporting of all welds, revealing when quality fails to meet established thresholds for amps, volts and wire feed speed.
- Goals dashboard, which shows progress toward continuous improvement goals set for improving arc-on time, deposition rates and arc starts.
- Analytics tools allowing for weld data analysis based on individual/cell performance as well as seeing a welding operation from a financial point of view.
- Notifications by email based on desired frequency and subject.
Miller Electric Manufacturing LLC, 1635 West Spencer Street, PO Box 1079, Appleton, WI 54912-1079, 920-734-9821, www.millerwelds.com.
Amid Challenges, Majority of Metalformers Predict Little Change in Economic Activity
U.S and Canadian incoming orders expected to remain steady, according to the latest barometer reading from the Precision Metalforming Association.
U.S. Manufacturing Grows in September –– PMI Dips 0.6% to 55.4
The Institute for Supply Management reports that among the six biggest industries, food, beverage & tobacco remains the best-performing sector, with fabricated metal and chemical products growing strongly.