With 10 feet of bending length capacity and 110 tons of pressing force, Trumpf Inc.’s (Farmington, CT) TruBend 2100 is designed for fabricators that need easy, precise bending, but don’t have the volume required to justify a high-end machine – something a job shop needs that’s secondary to its overall business.
The entry-level press brake provides 10 feet of bending length capacity and 110 tons of pressing force. Sold only on the company’s website for $95,000, the machine is available in one configuration with basic components. However, the machine retains the build quality, precision, and ease-of-use features common to the company’s other press brakes:
- Rigid box frame consists of a welded construction — press table, two side columns, and two connecting beams – designed to ensure precision despite years of continuous operation under maximum loads
- Highly rigid press beam guided via double roller bearings on both sides; accuracy is achieved through hardened bars and adjustable “zero-play” setting
- Spherical bearing suspension of the press beam with ¼-inch tilt between Y1 and Y2 enables production of geometric shapes such as funnels and allows simple left/right angle corrections to long profiles
- Cylinders are exactly synchronized using an electrohydraulic drive system with proportional valves; IE3 drive motor (high efficiency)
- Block hydraulics maintains accuracy and press beam movement; high axis speeds (Y rapid traverse, Y return, and Y press operation) enable high productivity
- Self-regulating crowning compensates for press beam and press table deflection to maintain bending angle along the entire bending length
- 4-axis backgauge (X, R, Z1 and Z2 axis); in addition to the CNC-controlled axes of the 2-axis backgauge, gauge fingers automatically positioned in Z direction increase productivity when bending at multiple tool stations
- T3500T 17-inch multitouch controls, integrated tool database, USB port for data transmission, and RJ45 network interface (10 or 100 MBit/s)
- Control calculates all bending parameters based on Trumpf technology data for standard tools and standard materials but can be modified
- CNC bending programs can be numerically or graphically generated on the control; bending sequence and all bending parameters are calculated based on a graphically generated product drawing or TruTops Boost
- Bend Guard laser safe system; pivoting doors with electronic monitoring prevent lateral entry into the working area; rear safety doors with electronic monitoring enable access into the machine interior
- One-year warranty and 24/7 technical support.
Visit https://www.trumpf.com/en_US/landing-pages/us/trubend-2100/ to download a quote, review installation requirements, and order the machine.
Factory Robots Hit Record 2.7 Million Globally
New installations have been down in the U.S., Europe, and China, due to slowdowns in automotive and electrical/electronic sectors, and Covid isn’t helping –– nevertheless, the number of industrial robots operating today has never been higher.
CenterLine Receives 2020 National Manufacturing Leadership Award
The company’s robotics simulations draw winning accolades in NAM’s Engineering and Production Technology category.