The AlibreCAM software plug-in runs completely inside of Alibre Design 3D CAD software (Versions 2018 and 2019) and merges Alibre Design’s parametric modeling with the machining capabilities of VisualCAM.
AlibreCAM runs seamlessly within the Alibre Design user interface, providing users with just one interface to learn. Toolpaths can be automatically updated when your model changes, saving you even more valuable time.
Release highlights include:
- New G-code editor module for previewing and editing G-code files
- New Profile-Nesting module for nesting profile toolpaths
- New Mill-Turn module for C axis mill programming on a lathe
- Fixtures – Ability to define fixtures in all CAM toolpaths
- Numerous features and feature improvements in 2 ½, 3, 4 & 5 Axis machining
- Simulation – Taper tool holder collision as well as fixture collision detection
- Other Productivity and User Interface enhancements
- Free demo software downloads of AlibreCAM 2020 can be requested here.
U.S. Manufacturing Grows in September –– PMI Dips 0.6% to 55.4
The Institute for Supply Management reports that among the six biggest industries, food, beverage & tobacco remains the best-performing sector, with fabricated metal and chemical products growing strongly.
Crawford Co., Seaberg Industries Complete Purchase Agreement
As of Oct 2., Seaberg Industries, a manufacturer of metal fabricated and precision machined parts, components, and assemblies, will operate as part of Crawford Co.’s fabrication division.
Virtual Trade Show to Unveil Latest Mitutoyo Technologies
On Oct. 20-23, Mitutoyo America Corp., together with some of its U.S. Solution Centers, will combine live demos, education and interactive tools to engage customers and distributors. Titan Gilroy, CEO of the industrial and corporate education platform, Titans of CNC, kicks off the event.