Mitutoyo America Corp.’s (Aurora, IL) QM-Height Series measures height, height difference (step), inside/outside width, inside/outside diameter, circle pitch, and free-form surface max/min height to ±(2.4+2.1L/600) μm accuracy (scanning stroke is approximately 1 mm above and below measurement start point). A built-in pneumatic flotation system enables smooth movement over a surface plate.
Two subdisplay modes display the value from previous measurements or zero/origin point. Origin points can also be set from hole centers. Other features:
- LEDs indicate tolerance judgment status with green for GO, red for +NG, and orange for -NG. Status is also indicated by corresponding symbols on the display.
- Proprietary mechanism and firmware enable scanning of inside/outside diameter, max/min height, and height difference using a standard probe.
- Electromagnetic induction-type ABSOLUTE encoder maintains the origin. Except when there’s a considerable environmental change, origin doesn’t need to be set after turning on the power.
- D2 digimatic and USB ports are standard. Optional U-WAVE-T wireless communication system instantly transmits data to Excel or SPC software on a PC, increasing reliability by minimizing manual input errors.
- 1,200 hours of continuous use with four AA batteries is an improvement from 300 hours.
- Air-suspension. Pressing a button on the grip activates the internal air pump. The base rises on a cushion of air and is able to be moved smoothly over the surface plate.
Mitutoyo America Corp., 965 Corporate Blvd., Aurora, IL 60502, 630-820-9666; fax: 630-820-2614, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mitutoyo.com.
Factory Robots Hit Record 2.7 Million Globally
New installations have been down in the U.S., Europe, and China, due to slowdowns in automotive and electrical/electronic sectors, and Covid isn’t helping –– nevertheless, the number of industrial robots operating today has never been higher.
CenterLine Receives 2020 National Manufacturing Leadership Award
The company’s robotics simulations draw winning accolades in NAM’s Engineering and Production Technology category.