Mitutoyo America Corp.’s (Aurora, IL) QM-Height Series measures height, height difference (step), inside/outside width, inside/outside diameter, circle pitch, and free-form surface max/min height to ±(2.4+2.1L/600) μm accuracy (scanning stroke is approximately 1 mm above and below measurement start point). A built-in pneumatic flotation system enables smooth movement over a surface plate.
Two subdisplay modes display the value from previous measurements or zero/origin point. Origin points can also be set from hole centers. Other features:
- LEDs indicate tolerance judgment status with green for GO, red for +NG, and orange for -NG. Status is also indicated by corresponding symbols on the display.
- Proprietary mechanism and firmware enable scanning of inside/outside diameter, max/min height, and height difference using a standard probe.
- Electromagnetic induction-type ABSOLUTE encoder maintains the origin. Except when there’s a considerable environmental change, origin doesn’t need to be set after turning on the power.
- D2 digimatic and USB ports are standard. Optional U-WAVE-T wireless communication system instantly transmits data to Excel or SPC software on a PC, increasing reliability by minimizing manual input errors.
- 1,200 hours of continuous use with four AA batteries is an improvement from 300 hours.
- Air-suspension. Pressing a button on the grip activates the internal air pump. The base rises on a cushion of air and is able to be moved smoothly over the surface plate.
Mitutoyo America Corp., 965 Corporate Blvd., Aurora, IL 60502, 630-820-9666; fax: 630-820-2614, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.mitutoyo.com.
New On-Demand Learning Center for CNC Programmers
ESPRIT debuts an online, self-paced, learn-anywhere series of e-courses that guide users through numerous machine models and part models to introduce users to different machining processes in ESPRIT.
James Kim Named CEO of Doosan Machine Tools America
With 18 years of director and vice president roles invested in the U.S. operations, Kim has served at Dooson for a total of 37 years. He’s known for establishing trust and building authentic relationships.
Manufacturing Industry Invited to Take Reshoring Survey
AMT and the Reshoring Initiative will use the survey results to identify which processes, products and components face the most pressure from imports and which offer the biggest opportunities to reshore. Part of AMT’s “Rebuilding the Supply Chain” initiative, the survey is open to OEMs, job shops, technology suppliers and distributors through the end of February.