Thanks to integrated airflow sensors and three selectable flow rates, the optrel e3000X powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) from Optrel (East Greenwich, RI) is certified to the highest class of breathing protection – TH3 – and removes 99.8% of harmful airborne particles.
The ventilated respiratory protection system consists of blower unit and hose, prefilters, TH3P R SL particle master filter, helmet, battery, leather belt, charger, parking buddy belt hook, duffle carrying bag, and user instructions. Modular in design to be highly and easily adaptable, the PAPR provides three levels of airflow – 240 liters per minute (lpm), 210 lpm, or 170 lpm – at twice the efficiency of previous models for up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Adjustable airflow delivers as much fresh air as the welder wants for comfort as well as for respiration.
- Mountain Breeze air filter eliminates unpleasant odors and protects wearers from ozone concentration in the worksite.
- A1B1E1 gas filter insert (available mid-2020) guards against organic, inorganic, and acid gases and vapors in heavily polluted, foul-smelling, and toxic environments.
- Three-point shoulder harness relieves back and hip pressure by distributing the system’s fit across the welder’s shoulders.
- Fully automatic airflow calibration.
- Touch-button battery charge level display.
The system integrates with optrel PAPR welding helmets including the optrel crystal 2.0, optrel panoramaxx, optrel e684, optrel vegaview2.5, optrel liteflip autopilot, and optrel clearmaxx grinding helmet. The e3000X is also available as part of several ready-to-weld/ready-to-grind packages.
The optrel e3000X PAPR meets industry standards EN 12941:1998 + A1:2003 + A2:2008, AS/NZS 1716:2012, and EAC: TP TC 019/2011. NIOSH approval is pending.
Optrel Inc., 5 Division St., #35, East Greenwich, RI 02818, 401-398-7240, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.optrel.com/usa.
Factory Robots Hit Record 2.7 Million Globally
New installations have been down in the U.S., Europe, and China, due to slowdowns in automotive and electrical/electronic sectors, and Covid isn’t helping –– nevertheless, the number of industrial robots operating today has never been higher.
CenterLine Receives 2020 National Manufacturing Leadership Award
The company’s robotics simulations draw winning accolades in NAM’s Engineering and Production Technology category.