The ESPRIT 2020 updated computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software from DP Technology (Camarillo, CA) includes improvements to the CAD interfaces, as well as new or improved solutions for specific machine tools.
Many updates are for Swiss-type machining, a technique defined by its small, often intricate parts – for example, medical devices, such as bone screws, are typically manufactured on Swiss-type machines. ESPRIT’s 2020 update introduces or enhances support for 200 different Swiss-type machine models, including:
- Citizen D25, which features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back
- Star SV 38R, which features three channels and a B-axis
- Tsugami SS38, a chucker-convertible sliding headstock lathe with B-axis
- Tornos machines
- Seamless integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen
- Willemin-Macodel MT series machines
ESPRIT 2020 also includes updated support for the latest CAD software, including:
- SolidWorks 2020
- SolidEdge 2020
- PTC Creo 6
- NX 1847
Improved CAD support allows users to better design and visualize parts before manufacturing begins. CAD modeling is an integral part of designing and optimizing any new part, and different software types specialize in different modeling techniques.
Additionally, ESPRIT 2020 expands mill-turn support to the following machines:
- Index G200 and G220, featuring two and three turrets and a disk turret mounted on a B-axis
- Miyano BNE 51 MSY, featuring three X-axes and three Z-axes
- Traub TNX, featuring simultaneous independent machining with up to four tool carriers
- CMZ TTL, featuring two turrets and two spindles
Enhanced profile threading and probing capabilities round out the product release.
“Product releases are always exciting for us, because often we’re providing a solution where one did not previously exist,” says Director of Research and Development Tania Campanelli. “2020 is no different. We look forward to more users discovering why ESPRIT is the right choice.”
U.S. Manufacturing Grows in September –– PMI Dips 0.6% to 55.4
The Institute for Supply Management reports that among the six biggest industries, food, beverage & tobacco remains the best-performing sector, with fabricated metal and chemical products growing strongly.
Crawford Co., Seaberg Industries Complete Purchase Agreement
As of Oct 2., Seaberg Industries, a manufacturer of metal fabricated and precision machined parts, components, and assemblies, will operate as part of Crawford Co.’s fabrication division.
Virtual Trade Show to Unveil Latest Mitutoyo Technologies
On Oct. 20-23, Mitutoyo America Corp., together with some of its U.S. Solution Centers, will combine live demos, education and interactive tools to engage customers and distributors. Titan Gilroy, CEO of the industrial and corporate education platform, Titans of CNC, kicks off the event.