Columbia Marking Tools (CMT) (Chesterfield Township, MI) is popular with low-volume industrial manufacturers and tool rooms in large production facilities, which use it to mark fixtures and tooling. With an air-powered carbide bit, the machine automatically applies serial numbering, date codes, job numbers, lot numbers, and even company logos.
The new Handy Andy X features:
- Updated software with an with intuitive control designed to run on any version of Windows.
- An increased marking window of 50 mm x 80 mm.
- A heavy-duty frame, redesigned stand, and mount.
- Upgraded speed and positional accuracy with new hybrid lead screw motor.
- Upgraded precision stepper motor linear actuators.
- An advanced drive system with redesigned X and Y axis assemblies.
- A new circuit board designed in-house with easy-to-replace components for rapid repair.
- Ease of operation designed to minimize training time.
The machine’s vibrating carbide pin impacts the material with up to 700 psi (80N). The pin marks flat and slightly curved surfaces. Marking window is 3.15 inches by 1.97 inches (50mm by 80mm). Pin vertical height adjustment is up to 10.75 inches over the table.
New On-Demand Learning Center for CNC Programmers
ESPRIT debuts an online, self-paced, learn-anywhere series of e-courses that guide users through numerous machine models and part models to introduce users to different machining processes in ESPRIT.
James Kim Named CEO of Doosan Machine Tools America
With 18 years of director and vice president roles invested in the U.S. operations, Kim has served at Dooson for a total of 37 years. He’s known for establishing trust and building authentic relationships.
Manufacturing Industry Invited to Take Reshoring Survey
AMT and the Reshoring Initiative will use the survey results to identify which processes, products and components face the most pressure from imports and which offer the biggest opportunities to reshore. Part of AMT’s “Rebuilding the Supply Chain” initiative, the survey is open to OEMs, job shops, technology suppliers and distributors through the end of February.