Available in 5- and 8-inch models, the CNC slant bed lathe from Palmgren (Chicago, IL), a C.H. Hanson brand, is an economical solution for machining small parts in batches ranging from prototypes and one-offs to high-volume production runs. The turning center’s small size and footprint make it an excellent option for machine shops needing a second-operation machine or additional chuck. Siemens 808 control is easy even for entry-level operators to use.
Features and benefits include:
- Ultrahigh-precision linear rails that allow for high-precision turning and repeatability
- One-shot lubrication pump
- Fully integrated flood coolant system and chip tray for easy machine cleaning and chip removal
- Bed cover for easy chip removal
- Eight-station electronic turret for quick and easy tool changes.
Every bed lathe is manufactured and tested to ensure it meets the highest quality and accuracy standards. Rigid construction guarantees accuracy and repeatability.
Amid Challenges, Majority of Metalformers Predict Little Change in Economic Activity
U.S and Canadian incoming orders expected to remain steady, according to the latest barometer reading from the Precision Metalforming Association.
U.S. Manufacturing Grows in September –– PMI Dips 0.6% to 55.4
The Institute for Supply Management reports that among the six biggest industries, food, beverage & tobacco remains the best-performing sector, with fabricated metal and chemical products growing strongly.