Featuring motorized XYZ-axes, the MarSurf CM mobile from Mahr Inc. (Providence, RI) enables measurements to be performed directly on large parts for user-friendly surface analysis anywhere it’s needed. Reliable whether it’s used on the shop floor or in the field, the optical surface metrology tool provides consistently high resolution even over large measuring areas.
The tool features a 16-bit high-dynamic-range (HDR) camera that improves data density by 5x and low light sensitivity by 256x, and offers the highest acquisition speed of 100 frames per second as well as the highest-resolution confocal measurements. These capabilities ensure optimum contrast for highly dynamic surfaces while maintaining performance and low noise-to-signal ratio.
Additional benefits to the updated tool include:
- The ability to measure tools, parts, and workpieces that are too large to transport to the lab or place on a benchtop tool.
- Material-independent (shiny, matte, smooth, structured, transparent, etc.).
- Surface finish and topography measurements can be performed according to common standards including ISO 4287 and ISO 25178.
- Includes roughness and micro-geometry measurements in one tool.
- Easy-to-use software allows quick measurement, analysis, and report generation.
MarSurf CM systems provide nanometer-resolution surface finish and micro-geometry information including 2D and 3D surface roughness, bearing area, flatness, depth, and volume. The technology is used in numerous automotive, mechanical engineering, medical technology, optics, electrical engineering, renewable energy and aerospace industry applications.
HGG Appoints Brandon Welch to Position of Western Sales Manager
HGG Profiling Equipment Inc. (Houston, TX) has appointed Brandon Welch to be western states sales manager with responsibility for 1) sales of new machinery and 2) service and support of HGG customers west of the Mississippi.
Winners of Welding Competition at Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show
Three welding students won scholarships at the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show (WIMTS), which was held Oct. 5-7 at Wisconsin State Fair Park.