Verisurf Software Inc.’s (Anaheim, CA) Verisurf is the only measurement, inspection, and reverse engineering software dedicated to model-based definition (MBD) and built on a CAD/CAM platform. This enables greater compatibility, workflow integration, and more complete end-to-end solutions customers are looking for. Enhancements in the latest release, Verisurf 2020, include new reverse engineering tools, expanded device support to keep up with emerging measurement and data capture technologies, and features designed to streamline workflows.
Verisurf 2020 highlights include:
- New Quick Surface option for Verisurf Reverse that quickly creates high-quality surfaces from scanned meshes or STL files. Quick Surface maintains curvature continuity between adjacent surfaces and is ideal for creating smooth, free-form CAD surfaces from organic or prismatic meshes.
- New mesh editing hotkeys enable rapid selection and switching between edit tools.
- Improved Power Mesh settings quickly merge, clean up, refine, smooth, extend, fill holes, and create meshes in one step.
- Assure Mesh Continuity with New Stitch Mesh connects mesh edges and vertices within a user-settable tolerance, making it easy to mesh multiple CAD surfaces and stitch them together into a single, watertight mesh.
- Quad Mesh produces highly uniform, triangular or quad-type smooth meshes before surfacing that align with the curvature.
- Optimize Mesh reduces the size of any polygonal mesh without compromising form integrity.
- Improved Sketching on Meshes tool automatically snaps to any existing parametric spline node or wire-frame entity on the mesh.
- Improved Project Grid option for Mesh Construct tool projects a grid-shaped point cloud onto the displayed mesh surface based on the current Graphics view.
- Bundle Points feature has been updated to improve data management, quality, and reporting.
- Addition of Analysis Projection settings to Ops Manager streamlines workflows.
- Updated device support for the latest metrology hardware.
- All-in-one Translator Bundle for common native geometry formats, including automatic updates
- Verisurf Software Mobile Companion app for iOS and Android phones.
- Hands-free VS Watch lets operators view dynamic Build or Measure DROs hands-free on iOS- or Android-compatible watches.
AIDA-America’s 300-Ton Servo Press Increases Productivity at Graham Stamping
AIDA-America Corp. (Dayton, OH) provided Graham Stamping Co. (Hermitage, PA) with a 300-ton unitized frame servo press, the DSF-N2-3000 press.
Beckwood Delivers Hydraulic and Servo-Electric Presses to Supplier of Solid-State Batteries
Beckwood Press Co. (St. Louis, MO) has delivered a 500-ton, 4-post hydraulic press and a 50-ton servo-electric press to a U.S. manufacturer of solid-state batteries.
ATI Industrial Automation Acquired by Novanta
As of August 31, ATI Industrial Automation (Apex, NC) was officially purchased by Novanta Inc. (Bedford, MA). Novanta provides laser systems, vision systems, and motion-control components to manufacturers of medical equipment and advanced industrial equipment.