The UMC-1600-H from Haas Automation Inc. (Oxard, CA) is a 50-taper universal machining center (UMC) based on the company’s EC-1600ZT horizontal machining center (HMC).
The company mounted a 630-mm rotary table to the machine’s integrated 4th-axis platter to provide 3+2 positioning and full 5-axis motion for machining large parts for the oil-and-gas, alternative energy, and other heavy industries. Features include:
- ±120 degrees of B-axis swing and 360 degrees of C-axis rotation
- 50-taper spindle with two-speed gearbox
- Standard side-mount tool changer, 30 + 1 tools
- DWO/TCPC and wireless intuitive probing system
- 78-inch maximum part swing on integrated 4th axis.
HGG Appoints Brandon Welch to Position of Western Sales Manager
HGG Profiling Equipment Inc. (Houston, TX) has appointed Brandon Welch to be western states sales manager with responsibility for 1) sales of new machinery and 2) service and support of HGG customers west of the Mississippi.
Winners of Welding Competition at Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show
Three welding students won scholarships at the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show (WIMTS), which was held Oct. 5-7 at Wisconsin State Fair Park.