The UMC-1600-H from Haas Automation Inc. (Oxard, CA) is a 50-taper universal machining center (UMC) based on the company’s EC-1600ZT horizontal machining center (HMC).
The company mounted a 630-mm rotary table to the machine’s integrated 4th-axis platter to provide 3+2 positioning and full 5-axis motion for machining large parts for the oil-and-gas, alternative energy, and other heavy industries. Features include:
- ±120 degrees of B-axis swing and 360 degrees of C-axis rotation
- 50-taper spindle with two-speed gearbox
- Standard side-mount tool changer, 30 + 1 tools
- DWO/TCPC and wireless intuitive probing system
- 78-inch maximum part swing on integrated 4th axis.
Allied Europe and Wohlhaupter Added to Allied Machine and Engineering’s Digital Platform
This addition to the platform provides the unique opportunity to get to know Allied Machine as a global tooling solution provider.
ACE Provides Free Machine Tool Training
NTMA has endorsed America’s Cutting Edge training program to engage the next generation of machinists and revitalize American manufacturing.