Harvey Performance Co. (Gorham, ME), the parent company of the Harvey Tool, Helical Solutions, and Micro 100 industrial cutting tool brands, has opened its new 79,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Gorham, Maine, to support the growth and product demand its brands are experiencing.
The company was outgrowing its Sanford Dr. facility in Gorham, Maine, where Helical Solutions products have been manufactured for more than 15 years. The new manufacturing facility, just five minutes away on Raceway Drive, will become home to Helical Solutions product manufacturing and will serve as an innovation hub for all Harvey Performance Co. brands.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this new facility,” said Harvey Performance Co. Senior Vice President of Sales Jerry Gleisner. “We’re quite literally opening the doors to countless opportunities for us to serve our customers in ways unmatched in the industry.”
Harvey Performance Co. Vice President of Operations Steve Vatcher added, “This new facility is an exciting step for our business, as this investment will create opportunities for us to continue to grow. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we worked closely with state and local officials to ensure that the completion of our new facility was done in a way that prioritized the health and safety of all involved. I couldn’t be more proud of how everyone came together to make this facility a reality during these unprecedented times.
“When it is safe to do so, we look forward to hosting the Gorham community, our neighbors for more than 15 years, at our new home for a ribbon cutting ceremony to share this exciting milestone with us.”
Harvey Performance Co.’s new manufacturing plant will:
- Expand upon its current research and development capabilities to design, test, and manufacture innovative and high performing cutting tools.
- Accelerate Harvey Performance Co.’s new product growth while maintaining its in-stock status and same-day shipping options for all catalog standard items.
- Host its distributor partners and customers in a state-of-the-art setting that showcases its capabilities.
- Meet the needs of the market by scaling the size of Harvey Performance Company’s business in the future, through added machines and personnel.
- Attract, recruit, and retain high quality employees, engineers, and operators with a high-class work environment.
AIDA-America’s 300-Ton Servo Press Increases Productivity at Graham Stamping
AIDA-America Corp. (Dayton, OH) provided Graham Stamping Co. (Hermitage, PA) with a 300-ton unitized frame servo press, the DSF-N2-3000 press.
Beckwood Delivers Hydraulic and Servo-Electric Presses to Supplier of Solid-State Batteries
Beckwood Press Co. (St. Louis, MO) has delivered a 500-ton, 4-post hydraulic press and a 50-ton servo-electric press to a U.S. manufacturer of solid-state batteries.
ATI Industrial Automation Acquired by Novanta
As of August 31, ATI Industrial Automation (Apex, NC) was officially purchased by Novanta Inc. (Bedford, MA). Novanta provides laser systems, vision systems, and motion-control components to manufacturers of medical equipment and advanced industrial equipment.