Harvey Performance Co. (Gorham, ME), the parent company of the Harvey Tool, Helical Solutions, and Micro 100 industrial cutting tool brands, has opened its new 79,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Gorham, Maine, to support the growth and product demand its brands are experiencing.
The company was outgrowing its Sanford Dr. facility in Gorham, Maine, where Helical Solutions products have been manufactured for more than 15 years. The new manufacturing facility, just five minutes away on Raceway Drive, will become home to Helical Solutions product manufacturing and will serve as an innovation hub for all Harvey Performance Co. brands.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this new facility,” said Harvey Performance Co. Senior Vice President of Sales Jerry Gleisner. “We’re quite literally opening the doors to countless opportunities for us to serve our customers in ways unmatched in the industry.”
Harvey Performance Co. Vice President of Operations Steve Vatcher added, “This new facility is an exciting step for our business, as this investment will create opportunities for us to continue to grow. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we worked closely with state and local officials to ensure that the completion of our new facility was done in a way that prioritized the health and safety of all involved. I couldn’t be more proud of how everyone came together to make this facility a reality during these unprecedented times.
“When it is safe to do so, we look forward to hosting the Gorham community, our neighbors for more than 15 years, at our new home for a ribbon cutting ceremony to share this exciting milestone with us.”
Harvey Performance Co.’s new manufacturing plant will:
- Expand upon its current research and development capabilities to design, test, and manufacture innovative and high performing cutting tools.
- Accelerate Harvey Performance Co.’s new product growth while maintaining its in-stock status and same-day shipping options for all catalog standard items.
- Host its distributor partners and customers in a state-of-the-art setting that showcases its capabilities.
- Meet the needs of the market by scaling the size of Harvey Performance Company’s business in the future, through added machines and personnel.
- Attract, recruit, and retain high quality employees, engineers, and operators with a high-class work environment.
Sigma Labs Creates New Directed Energy Deposition Application
A partnership with Northwestern University expands in-process quality assurance technology across a broad array of 3d printing processes.
Combilift and Author Join Forces on New Kids’ Book
Award-winning Combilift and award-winning author, Emer Conlon, have produced a children’s storybook that features forklift heroes and teaches important values. The ‘combi-nation’ has the added benefit of educating young kids and their parents about the company’s equipment and the material handling industry.