Intended for roughing, semi-finishing and shoulder milling in steel and cast iron, the Neodo family of 90-degree indexable milling cutters from Iscar Metals (Arlington, TX) mount cost-effective square double-sided inserts with eight cutting edges. They combine a strong insert structure, durable cutter body, secure mounting, and advanced carbide grades to enable face and shoulder milling and milling close to shoulders where there are workpiece or workholding fixture constraints.
- Extremely rigid insert clamping due to insert pocket’s dovetail profile.
- Specially shaped insert rake face smooths cutting action, reducing cutting forces and power consumption during machining.
- A wide insert wiper flat improves surface finish.
- Higher tooth density increases productivity.
- Coarse- and fine-pitch configurations of the cutters.
AIDA-America’s 300-Ton Servo Press Increases Productivity at Graham Stamping
AIDA-America Corp. (Dayton, OH) provided Graham Stamping Co. (Hermitage, PA) with a 300-ton unitized frame servo press, the DSF-N2-3000 press.
Beckwood Delivers Hydraulic and Servo-Electric Presses to Supplier of Solid-State Batteries
Beckwood Press Co. (St. Louis, MO) has delivered a 500-ton, 4-post hydraulic press and a 50-ton servo-electric press to a U.S. manufacturer of solid-state batteries.
ATI Industrial Automation Acquired by Novanta
As of August 31, ATI Industrial Automation (Apex, NC) was officially purchased by Novanta Inc. (Bedford, MA). Novanta provides laser systems, vision systems, and motion-control components to manufacturers of medical equipment and advanced industrial equipment.