SpeedTaps are an ingenious invention created by an industrial metal worker who saw the value in cutting out unnecessary steps in the repetitive nature of the production process, while at the same time reducing the number of tools needed to do the job. Ultimately this new item brings the utmost in efficiency to those who tap and install bolts in production, service or on-site methods. It reduces the largest cost on most projects – which is the time and cost of labor.
- It starts with M2 steel – the result is a heavy duty quality tap that is Made in Canada
- SpeedTaps are meant to be driven by an impact gun along with an impact socket, for through-hole applications allowing the user to quickly move the tap through the material as the impact gun does its work.
- The taps are designed with an aggressive starting pitch to catch and start cutting faster than traditional taps
- This eliminates the use of hand tools like tap wrenches which are bulky, cumbersome and take time to line up and get started
- The socket size used on the impact gun – happens to be the same size socket (hex head) of the bolts being installed – no need to have another tool install bolts – it’s right there!
- Metal workers abroad have recognized and adapted quickly – metal fab shops, steel erectors, structural steel, welders, machine shops, trades people have become rabid fans of this time saver
- When you add it all up – you have a time savings of 14X, it’s a no brainer – once you use SpeedTaps you will never go back
David Zagar, VP of KBC Tools & Machinery, says, “This is such a brilliant idea that it appeals to everyone involved. When the folks in the field figure how simple this is to use, they will wonder how they lived without it, and when those who are in charge of keeping costs down see this in action, well, it becomes an easy decision to make. SpeedTaps will become a standard way of tapping holes in every “through-hole” operation, it just a matter of time.”
Recently Jimbo Garage, a well known metal working youtuber, released this video and at the 15:50 part he mentions both KBC and SpeedTaps and does a demo of the product. Sit back and see how easy SpeedTaps make it all happen.
Subscribe to learn the latest in manufacturing.
168 Manufacturing Adds New Distributors For Automated Machine Shop Technologies
168 Manufacturing, a brand of Precision Tool Technologies that designs and develops CNC machine shop
automation technologies, announces partnerships with six new North American distributors for its FullShop™
Automated Coolant Management Systems.
Cosen Saws Leading Edge Sawing Solutions on Display at IMTS 2022
Cosen Saws to showcase a variety of band saws for every application at IMTS 2022