Plug and Play: Working in tandem with a stamping press and properly tooled die, this portable system eliminates secondary operations typically required for fastener insertions and can easily be moved from press to press as needed on the shop floor.
The PEMSERTER® In-Die Fastener Feeding System from PennEngineering (Danboro, PA) is uniquely engineered to install self-clinching nuts, studs, and standoffs in assemblies during the stamping process. The portable system consists of die tooling, a fastener-feeding system, and a die-sensing system. Working in tandem with a stamping press and properly tooled die to feed and install fasteners, this portable system eliminates secondary operations typically required for fastener insertions. It can easily be moved from press to press as needed on the shop floor.
Users can realize increased assembly-line productivity, quality, and savings as two operations (stamping and fastener-installation) can be performed simultaneously in the die. This feeding system is virtually “plug and play” by utilizing multi-pin twist lock connectors to interface with the die and stamping press. All that is needed to operate the system is a standard 110V receptacle and shop air.
Recognizing the need for flexibility, the system can be configured to feed nuts, studs, and/or standoffs for multiple or single insertions, generally matching the stamping press rate. Operators are guided by a touch-screen for set-up and operation and have an online library of fault/help screens. Removable tooling can handle complex workpieces and offers considerable adaptability capable of reaching into areas generally considered inaccessible.
Customized tooling can be engineered to meet particular application needs. Customers are fully supported from die design through installation and in-house training.
PennEngineering®, 5190 Old Easton Road, Danboro, PA 18916-1000, 215-766-8853, Fax: 215-766-0143, www.pemnet.com.
Bystronic Fully Acquires Automation Specialist Antil
Bystronic increased its existing 70 percent stake in Antil S.p.A. by acquiring the remaining 30 percent minority stake.
Toyota Material Handling Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
Toyota Material Handling (TMH) announced today that Jeff Rufener, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), will retire at the end of the month. The company has selected Senior Vice President of Sales Bill Finerty to succeed Rufener effective January 1, 2022.
Wayland Additive Announces HTL Co. Japan As New Distribution Partner
(Huddersfield, U.K.) Wayland Additive is delighted to disclose that it has signed a partnership agreement with HTL Co Japan Ltd, which will see the latter operate as a distribution partner of Wayland Additive in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. HTL…