Methods Machine Tools, Inc. (Sudbury, MA), a leading supplier of precision machine tools and automation, offers their Lathe JobShop Cell that features the new Nakamura-Tome AS-200 High Performance Multitasking Turning Center with a single spindle, single turret in a heavy duty and compact machine for exceptional value. The standard AS-200 is well equipped with a powerful milling drive, together with a high-speed C-Axis and 82 mm stroke Y-Axis for accurate, finished parts.
“The compact, pre-engineered Lathe JobShop Cell offers quick set-up and is ideal for job shops who want to incorporate automation in their turning operations,” states John Lucier, Methods’ automation manager. “Pre-written robot load/unload sequences make this cell easy to use, even for the automation novice.” A standard easy-to-adjust conveyor system allows the Lathe JobShop Cell to quickly accommodate work pieces of different sizes. The system loads through the door, not through the spindle, allowing automatic loading of stock larger than the bar capacity of the lathe. Lathe JobShop Cell features include:
- The two gripper “End of Arm Tooling” tooling package enables the robot to take one trip to the machine to load and unload.
- Integrated infeed and outfeed conveyors are placed in the front of the system for easy operator access and configured “over/under” to minimize to space.
- A large door opening in the guard work allows the operator full access to the machine and machining area for setups and tool changes.
Methods Lathe JobShop Cell Components include:
- Fanuc LR Mate 200iD-7L Robot, including:
- Collision Guard software option
- 911mm reach
- R-30iB Controller with RIA-compliant Material Handling iPendant
- Robot support structure with area guarding:
- Two safety interlocked access door
- Constructed of aluminum extrusion frame and polycarbonate panels
- End of arm tooling system, including:
- (2) pneumatic, parallel close, grippers
- (2) gripper close position sensors
- Mounting extension, flanges, hoses, etc.
- (2) sets of “blank” gripper fingers
- Over/under powered infeed/outfeed conveyor system consisting of:
- Infeed Link Belt Conveyor (12 in x 60 in) – Separated into two adjustable lanes
- (2) infeed lane part present sensors
- Outfeed Link Belt Conveyor (12 in x 72 in)
- (1) outfeed drop zone clear sensor
- Machine Auto Door
- Robot controlled air blow
- Standard pre-written load/unload load sequence
- Robot Operation Training
Methods Machine Tools has been a leading supplier of precision machine tools, automation and accessories for over 55 years, providing installation, parts, service, and training through a network of dealers throughout North America. The company is the exclusive U.S. importer of Nakamura-Tome machines.
Subscribe to learn the latest in manufacturing.
Solar Atmospheres Eastern PA Commissions 20-Bar High Pressure Gas Quench Furnace
The furnace utilizes a 600-HP cooling motor and fan with a creative gas nozzle design to maximize gas flow as it moves through the hot zone and the heat exchanger and back across the workload
Glassett Named Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at SMX Industrial Solutions
Neal Glassett brings a wealth of experience and expertise in financial management, strategic planning, and business development to his new role at this leading provider of advanced steel fabrication solutions.