Hyundai WIA Machine America Corporation (Itasca, IL) offers the LM1600TTSY Multi-Tasking Turning Center that has twin spindles with the same rpm, horsepower, torque and bar capacity. It also features two turrets that can each operate on either spindle or both. These capabilities allow for optimal cycle distribution between the spindles, balanced process time and complete machining of a complete part in a single process — no additional setups and no more waiting for another machine.
The LM1600TT Series Multitasking Twin Spindle Turning Centers feature a Y-axis controlled BMT55P turret that enables a combination of metal removal operations, by one machine, in a single set-up. The wedge type Y-axis offers a compact, space-saving design with superior positional accuracy and is easy to program. Other features include:
- Box Guideways – provide unsurpassed long-term rigidity and accuracy, even under the heaviest of cutting operations.
- Gearless Spindle – Designed for high precision applications, with features that ensure minimal thermal growth at high speeds or under heavy cutting loads.
- Sub Spindle – The 6 in sub spindle (S – Type Configuration) with C axis, offers 0.001 deg unit of index and is driven by the B axis ball screw and servo motor, to ensure high precision and accuracy.
- BMT Turret – Latest generation BMT top plate increases tool performance and rigidity by securing each tool with four screws (VDI140 also available).
- Maximum turning length = 4.7 (120)
- Chuck Main Spindle in (mm) = 6 (175)
- Chuck Sub-Spindle in (mm) = 6 (175)
- Bar capacity in (mm) = 2.05 (52)
- X-axis travel in (mm) = X1/X2: 6.5/ 7.5 (165/ 190)
- Y-axis travel in (mm) = ±2.0 (±50)
- Z-axis travel in (mm) = Z1/Z2: 27.6/ 28.4 (700/ 720)
- ZB-axis travel in (mm) = 28.5 (725)
- X – rapid traverse ipm (m/min) = X1/X2: 787/ 787 (20/ 20) X1/X2: 787/ 787 (20/ 20)
- Y – rapid traverse ipm (m/min) = 295 (7.5)
- Z – rapid traverse ipm (m/min) = Z1/Z2: 1,575/ 1,575 (40/ 40)
- ZB – rapid travers ipm (m/min) = 1,575 (40)
- Spindle Power hp (kW) = 20/ 15 (15/ 11)
- Maximum spindle speed = 6,000
- Sub-Spindle Power hp (kW) = 20/ 15 (15/ 11)
Maximum sub-spindle speed = 6,000Since 1977, Hyundai WIA has been a core division of the Hyundai Motor Group, building the CNC turning centers, machining centers and multitasking machines the automotive manufacturer uses to build its parts. Hyundai WIA Machine America makes that same technology available to the broader manufacturing marketplace in North America. In addition to the Itasca headquarters, the company has a West Coast Solution Center in Cypress, CA, with a full showroom and training opportunities, and an East Coast Tech Center and Parts Support located in Carlstadt, NJ.
Hyundai WIA Machine America Corporation, 265 Spring Lake Drive, Itasca, IL 60143, 630-625-5600, www.hyundai-wiamachine.com.
New Five-Year Warranty for VIKING™ Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet Portfolio
Lincoln Electric’s new five-year standard warranty leads the industry for peace-of-mind.
New Catalog Features New Products, Standards and Information to Solve Manufacturing Problems
EXAIR’s new Catalog 35 provides detailed tables and descriptions on each product, and highlights EXAIR’s newest additions, such as the Ultrasonic Leak Detector.