Memex Inc. (Burlington, ON), a global leader in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) manufacturing productivity software, has released their financial results and operational highlights for its first quarter of fiscal 2016, which ended December 31, 2015. All results are reported in Canadian dollars. Financial Highlights for the first quarter ended December 31, 2015:
- The company generated record quarterly revenue of $614 thousand, $113 thousand higher than the same period in the prior year, and 7 percent higher than the fourth quarter of 2015. The company also marked its fourth consecutive quarter of revenue growth.
- Memex produced gross margin of $375 thousand, 27 percent higher than the same quarter in the prior year.
- Unearned revenue of $482 thousand closed the quarter down $100 thousand from the company’s record high of $582 thousand at the end of Q4 2015.
- The sales force turned in $876 thousand in product bookings for the quarter, 58 percent or $320 thousand more than Q4 2015.
- The company showed a $641 thousand net and comprehensive loss for the quarter equating to a $0.007 loss per share. This compares with a $461 thousand net and comprehensive loss in the same quarter last year, and a similar $0.007 loss per share.
Q1 Fiscal 2016 and subsequent operational highlights include:
- The company bolstered its sales and marketing infrastructure with the addition of a vice president of marketing and three new U.S.-based sales representatives. In January 2016 the company also added a director of manufacturing excellence to accelerate MERLIN software adoption by larger high-potential existing customers.
- On October 27-29 and November 3-5 at DISCOVER 2015 (Mazak Corporation’s technology and education event), MERLIN software along with hardware from information technology (IT) leader Cisco Systems, Inc. (San Francisco, CA) was showcased in an industry-first collaborative platform called SmartBox. The launch took place in front of metalworking managers and C-level executives. The co-promotion with Mazak and Cisco led to multiple media stories, blogs, and videos mainly in manufacturing trade press.
- In December, Memex received significant new orders from Aero Pacific Corporation (Placentia, CA), (30 MERLIN licenses and 28 MTConnect hardware adapters), and Homeyer Precision Manufacturing (Marthasville, MO), (23 licenses and 9 hardware adapters).
- On January 18, the company was profiled in the National Post’s Entrepreneur section with the headline “Memex Wins Over Industry Giants.” The article explained how eight focused years of work on strategic partnerships resulted in successes with multinational giants Cisco and Mazak.
- In February the company received a substantial follow-on order from Kuss Filtration Inc. for 43 MERLIN licenses as part of a multi-plant roll-out in the U.S., China, and Brazil.
The president and chief executive officer of Memex, David McPhail, stated, “The IIoT, represents the next industrial revolution, and our flagship software product MERLIN is planted squarely in the middle of this manufacturing mega-trend. Our latest quarterly results, representing our fourth consecutive quarter of growth strongly indicate that manufacturers around the world see the value of our unique combination of industrial connectivity and analytics to drive productivity and profit. I want to thank our customers for their trust and our employees for their hard work to achieve these results.”
168 Manufacturing Adds New Distributors For Automated Machine Shop Technologies
168 Manufacturing, a brand of Precision Tool Technologies that designs and develops CNC machine shop
automation technologies, announces partnerships with six new North American distributors for its FullShop™
Automated Coolant Management Systems.
Cosen Saws Leading Edge Sawing Solutions on Display at IMTS 2022
Cosen Saws to showcase a variety of band saws for every application at IMTS 2022