Advanced Robots, Turnkey Workcells, Collaborative Technology and More to Increase Productivity
The heavy duty, large reach MH900 Robot; the light 6-axis MotoMini for tabletop, floor, ceiling or wall-mount installations; and the Motoman AR1440 arc welding robot are some of the latest automation systems from Yaskawa Motoman that improve productivity in a wide variety of manufacturing operations.
Posted: July 14, 2018
In Booth N-236601, Yaskawa Motoman (Miamisburg, OH) will feature their latest automation systems, including several new robots, turnkey workcells, collaborative technology and innovative advancements to enhance manufacturing productivity for operations of varying sizes and industry sectors. Highlights include:
- MH900 Robot: This new heavy duty, large reach robot is the latest addition to the MH-series line of material handling robots. Its parallel-link construction provides strength, rigidity and stabilization for high moment of inertia loads (2,200 kg-m₂) and it easily accommodates a range of large, heavy components, such as car frames and agricultural equipment. Designed and assembled in the U.S., the 6-axis MH900 features a 900 kg payload capacity, 4,683 mm horizontal reach and 6,209 mm vertical reach.
- MotoMini Robot: The new MotoMini is the industry’s smallest and lightest 6-axis robot. Weighing only 7 kg, it is easy to carry and ideal for tabletop, floor, ceiling or wall-mount installations, saving valuable floor space. Its compact footprint allows the MotoMini to be mounted close to workpieces and other machinery in existing lines or cells. Offering the highest acceleration speeds in a small-size robot, it is ideal for a variety of applications, such as small component assembly or case packing. It is controlled by a new, extremely compact YRC1000micro robot controller.
- YRC1000micro Robot Controller: Building on the success of the powerful YRC1000 controller, the new ultra-compact, lightweight YRC1000micro is the smallest controller in its class. Its space-saving design enables installation in either a vertical or horizontal position, as well as within a 19 in rack. The YRC1000micro features new functions to improve programming efficiency and robot operation. A standard teach pendant and the new Smart Pendant can be used for programming this controller.
- HC10DT (Direct Teach) Robot: Designed to work safely with, or in close proximity to human workers, the new 6-axis HC10DT collaborative robot features enhanced hand-guided teaching for fast deployment or redeployment on demand. Power and force limiting technology is used to protect the worker from potentially harmful contact situations. Easily adaptable, the HC10DT can be integrated with existing automation infrastructure. The robot offers a 10 kg payload and 1,200 mm reach, and it is built with the industrial strength to perform a broad range of material handling, machine tending or light assembly tasks.
- Smart Pendant: This new, easy-to-use 10 in touchscreen teach pendant provides simplified programming and fast implementation. It offers a fast, simple learning curve making it ideal for novice robot programmers. The built-in SMART Frame function allows the robot to adapt to the position of the programmer which eliminates the use of conventional coordinate (X, Y, Z) frames.
- ArcWorld® 1200: This recently redesigned pre-engineered welding workcell features the new Motoman® AR1440 arc welding robot equipped with AccuFast™ laser-based seam finding and ComArc LV (low voltage) seam tracking capability. The MSR-355 high speed turntable offers a payload capacity of 355 kg per side. Its dual-station configuration facilitates easy loading and unloading of parts. It uses a Miller Auto-Continuum™ power source with Insight Centerpoint™ arc data monitoring. The ArcWorld 1200 delivers advanced performance to improve throughput and weld quality for demanding automation applications.
- Yaskawa Cockpit: This new innovative Industry 4.0 software integrates robots and other factory level assets into a complete systems management and visualization solution. Yaskawa Cockpit provides insight into device information and production rates, identifies appropriate preventive maintenance, predicts the life span of components and automatically distributes system alarms to the appropriate personnel, leading to improved system uptime and reduced cost of ownership.
- GP8 Robot: Ideal for high speed assembly and handling applications, this robot’s small footprint, slim-arm design minimizes interference with peripheral devices and enables close proximity placement to workpieces and other robots for high density layouts. The GP8 has an 8 kg payload capacity, a 727 mm reach, and can be floor, ceiling and wall-mounted. Its IP67 washdown rating with easy-to-clean surface enables use in harsh environments.
- MotoSight™ 3D BinPick: The next generation of vision technology for bin picking applications, this system uses a single 3D camera with integrated lighting to quickly and easily recognize and pick parts that are randomly placed in bins. 3D CAD matching provides simplified, accurate part registration, allowing even complicated parts to be identified.
- Spot Welding: Scalable, integrated spot welding system featuring two Motoman spot welding robots. These workcells are customizable to suit application needs. Several new spot welding robots will be highlighted and they feature exceptionally fast axis speeds and acceleration to reduce air cut time and increase production output.
- 3D Printer: A strong, rigid framework and Yaskawa servo control combine to deliver 3D printing at 350 mm per second, setting a dramatically higher standard for additive manufacturing speed. A Yaskawa MP3300iec machine controller achieves this productivity with standard G-code, using an open source GUI for easy customizing of user controls. This new printer was developed in a cooperative effort with Titan Robotics (Colorado Springs, CO), a company known for exceptionally robust, high speed industrial 3D printers.
Yaskawa America, Inc., Motoman Robotics, 100 Automation Way, Miamisburg, OH 45342, 937-847-6200, Fax: 937-847-3288, www.motoman.com.
Mazak MegaStir Becomes Exclusive Tooling Supplier for MELD Solid Deposition Technology
MegaStir has the unique ability to provide the complex tooling with the high-strength capability necessary to commercialize MELD’s solid deposition technology.
FABTECH 2023 Unveils Stellar Lineup of Keynote Speakers and Expert Panels
Industry leaders to share their perspectives on AI, advanced manufacturing technology and other pressing topics facing the fabrication industry.