GF Machining Solutions (Lincolnshire, IL) expanded their service and customer services departments with additional personnel: Richard Szczepko is now their regional service manager for Canada, supervising all of their Canada-based field service engineers. He has more than 25 years of experience in technical service and service management, having previously served in technical and service-management roles with DMG Mori Ellison and Mazak Corporation Canada, and holds an Ontario millwright certificate. Five new field service engineers were also added:
- Raymond Barringer previously worked as a field service technician with Auma Actuators for 15 years. A U.S. Navy veteran, he served as a nuclear mechanic and earned a Naval Nuclear Power Training certificate. He also holds a PLC programming certificate from the Community College of Allegheny County.
- Kody Hawk brings a diverse background in automotive technology and in the public sector to the Central region. He holds a diploma in automotive maintenance and repair from the South-Western Career Academy and looks forward to involvement with a new form of machine technology. He will work remotely.
- Gregory Hoskin formerly installed and maintained production machines as a millwright at Kennametal Stellite and has amassed 18 years of experience in the industry. He is a graduate of the Millwright Apprenticeship Program at Durham College, ON. He will work remotely.
- Kevin Kieu applies 20 years of experience in the automobile industry as a certified technician, parts professional, mechanic and fabricator. For the Richard Petty Driving Experience, he worked on chassis for 600 hp NASCAR race cars and rebuilt a Richmont T-10 transmission. He also served as chief mechanic and fabricator for the SP Engineering Supra-7, a 2JZ-GTE motor installed in an FD Mazda RX-7. He studied mechanical engineering at California State Polytechnic University. Kieu will work remotely in the Western region.
- Steffen Penka most recently worked as a service coordinator with Mazak Corporation, managing and coordinating service engineers and providing phone-based technical support. In his native Germany, he completed a 3.5-year apprenticeship program in machine fitting. With a strong desire to return to field service, he will work remotely for the Irvine, CA, office.
Joan Smith has taken a new position as customer support administrator. She has more than 15 years of experience in customer service and administrative roles, including training and demonstrations. Tyler Ryan has entered the GF Machining Solutions CNC Apprenticeship Program at Harper College (Palatine, IL). On-the-job training will complement his classwork, providing him with the skills necessary for a successful career as an application engineer.
Factory Robots Hit Record 2.7 Million Globally
New installations have been down in the U.S., Europe, and China, due to slowdowns in automotive and electrical/electronic sectors, and Covid isn’t helping –– nevertheless, the number of industrial robots operating today has never been higher.
CenterLine Receives 2020 National Manufacturing Leadership Award
The company’s robotics simulations draw winning accolades in NAM’s Engineering and Production Technology category.