Beaumont Machine (Batavia, Ohio) has updated its core fast-hole EDM machine, the FH40, with added features, including a faster response time.
“Fast-Hole EDM has changed in the past five years from primarily producing cooling holes to the needs on shapes and diffusers,” says President Ed Beaumont. “The additional need for a lower recast and virtually no microcracking has become the standard in aerospace. As a result, Beaumont Machine has been working on answers for our customers, focusing on the ability to work real-time with our power supply to control interconnection and closed-loop features. Doing so aids in delivering a better overall quality for our process.
“Other features that improve with the real-time process such as micro-pulse technology, breakthrough hole-start technology and blind hole drilling all benefit from this better interconnection between the power supply and control,” he adds.
The design has been incorporated into the company’s mainstay fast hole machine, the FH40. Additional features of this machine include:
- Offsite Diagnostics via analog or digital inputs
- 16 Axes capability
- Rotary Table Accuracy 3 to 5 arc seconds
- Axis accuracy and Squareness .0004”
- Repeatability .0002”
- Electrode capability 24″
- Electrode diameter .012″ – .25″
- Rapid Speed 400 ipm X,Y,Z 200 ipm W
- Drive Resolution, Absolute Encoders
- Spindle Speed 3000 RPM
- X, Y, Z axis travel in X up to 60”
- Output Amperage 65 amps continuous
- Amperage Settings 1 amp increments
- Capacitance range 0 – 8.95
- Filtration System 150 gallon DI System
- Siemens Sinumerik 840D CNC
- Fanuc 31i
Subscribe to learn the latest in manufacturing.
Jorgensen Shines National Spotlight on New Conveyor, Filtration and Coolant Solutions
Jorgensen Conveyor and Filtration Systems demonstrated several conveyor, filtration and coolant system solutions in October with two stops at major manufacturing shows.
REGO-FIX Further Strengthens Technical Support Team With New Hire
REGO-FIX has expanded its Industrial Partnership Program with the addition of Charlie Urbaniak as account manager for the Chicago, Ill., area.