Designed to mechanically fine-adjust its position to a stamped hole to consistently projection-weld a fastener, the SoftMount gun from CenterLine Ltd. (Windsor, Canada) is ideal for robotic applications where part dimensions, hole locations, or tooling are slightly inconsistent. It’s available in two configurations:
- Standard feed process (SFP) for nut and stud welding applications.
- Inverted feed process (IFP) for nut welding and special applications.
- A compliance mount assembly is set far enough from the weld plane that it doesn’t introduce variation to the welding process. Other standard features include:
- Patented VeriFast LVDT for accurate fastener detection, orientation, and measurement of set down.
- Quick fastener placement (QFP) unit for rapid nut feed in the IFP configuration.
- C-frame mounting style to return the gun to the initial position without external force.
- Low-impact actuator choices for a wide range of welding forces.
- PedTec weld gun stand.
- Full leveling adjustment for reliable setup.
Allied Europe and Wohlhaupter Added to Allied Machine and Engineering’s Digital Platform
This addition to the platform provides the unique opportunity to get to know Allied Machine as a global tooling solution provider.
ACE Provides Free Machine Tool Training
NTMA has endorsed America’s Cutting Edge training program to engage the next generation of machinists and revitalize American manufacturing.