Designed to mechanically fine-adjust its position to a stamped hole to consistently projection-weld a fastener, the SoftMount gun from CenterLine Ltd. (Windsor, Canada) is ideal for robotic applications where part dimensions, hole locations, or tooling are slightly inconsistent. It’s available in two configurations:
- Standard feed process (SFP) for nut and stud welding applications.
- Inverted feed process (IFP) for nut welding and special applications.
- A compliance mount assembly is set far enough from the weld plane that it doesn’t introduce variation to the welding process. Other standard features include:
- Patented VeriFast LVDT for accurate fastener detection, orientation, and measurement of set down.
- Quick fastener placement (QFP) unit for rapid nut feed in the IFP configuration.
- C-frame mounting style to return the gun to the initial position without external force.
- Low-impact actuator choices for a wide range of welding forces.
- PedTec weld gun stand.
- Full leveling adjustment for reliable setup.
Lucifer Builds Custom Dual-Chamber Furnace
A Midwest company has put a new Red Devil unit into service to heat treat steel parts in-house. Cost effective and customized with safety features, the RD8-KHE18 furnace offers space-saving working dimensions of 12 x 14 x 18 inches in both chambers.
Smart Visual Inspection Technology Meets Metrology Products
A new Mitutoyo-Kitov agreement will lead to the integration of Kitov technologies in Mituoyo’s metrology solutions. Look for future development of more solutions to come from the new partners as they combine Mitutoyo’s measurement technologies with Kitov’s planning and inspection technologies.
Unison Ups Product Support Scope, Accessibility with ‘UltimateCare’
The rebranded service program facilitates selection of the right maintenance solutions, and also offers additional services such as CAD modellng, component prototyping and process optimization. Customers can choose services ala-carte or in tailored, bundled agreements.