The HCN-5000 Horizontal Machining Center from Mazak (Florence, KY) combines advanced technology and value with high performance and high productivity for achieving maximum output. The machine features spacious work envelope and pallet size as well as a rapid traverse speed and rigid, reliable spindle.
With a choice of high-speed or high-torque integral motor spindle types, the HCN-5000 allows users to match spindle performance to their specific machining requirements with the proper speeds and power. The machine provides fast, efficient and versatile machining of a wide variety of materials from steels to nonferrous metals.
The HCN-5000 is available with Mazak’s Multi-Pallet Pool (MPP) System, a compact multiple pallet stocker system ideal for manufacturers that require basic automation to increase productivity and/or have limited floor space that precludes a system with a horizontal pallet stocker.
At a glance, the HCN-5000 features:
- High-speed, high-accuracy positioning for reduced non-cut times
- Wide range of available spindle speeds and power options
- Fast, vibration-free machine acceleration/deceleration
- Ample axis travels
- High stability, vibration-dampening machine construction
- Variety of available tool magazine capacities
- Standard two-pallet changer
- Available with MPP System
- Automation ready for Mazak’s PALLETECH System
HGG Appoints Brandon Welch to Position of Western Sales Manager
HGG Profiling Equipment Inc. (Houston, TX) has appointed Brandon Welch to be western states sales manager with responsibility for 1) sales of new machinery and 2) service and support of HGG customers west of the Mississippi.
Winners of Welding Competition at Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show
Three welding students won scholarships at the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show (WIMTS), which was held Oct. 5-7 at Wisconsin State Fair Park.