To facilitate lean manufacturing and process control, IRMCO iNSIGHT from IRMCO Advanced Metalforming Lubricant Technologies (Evanston, IL) provides real-time remote access to press downtime, lubricant consumption and concentration control. iNSIGHT enables metal stampers to:
- Track press down time and consistency of stamping lubricant consumption, and get alerts on production stops.
- Track and record the volume of lubricant solution actually consumed for any part, on any press, at any time.
- Monitor lubricant concentration control in real time and get alerts when concentration or mixing changes.
- Track and record changes in process settings or variables from one shift to another in real time.
- Track production processes remotely, providing uninterrupted data when COVID-19 quarantining affects employees availability.
- Pinpoint actual lubricant cost per part, allowing for the greatest degree process optimization and improving forecasting contract bidding.
Survey from ABB Reveals Re-industrialization at Risk from Education Gap in Automation
One in four education establishments use robots in teaching despite planned investment in robotics and automation by 70% of U.S. and European businesses.
Beckwood Press Co. to Launch Linear Servo Press™ Tech at FABTECH 2022
The patents-pending Linear Servo Press line uses fewer components to create force resulting in cost savings, increased throughput, and easy setup.