To facilitate lean manufacturing and process control, IRMCO iNSIGHT from IRMCO Advanced Metalforming Lubricant Technologies (Evanston, IL) provides real-time remote access to press downtime, lubricant consumption and concentration control. iNSIGHT enables metal stampers to:
- Track press down time and consistency of stamping lubricant consumption, and get alerts on production stops.
- Track and record the volume of lubricant solution actually consumed for any part, on any press, at any time.
- Monitor lubricant concentration control in real time and get alerts when concentration or mixing changes.
- Track and record changes in process settings or variables from one shift to another in real time.
- Track production processes remotely, providing uninterrupted data when COVID-19 quarantining affects employees availability.
- Pinpoint actual lubricant cost per part, allowing for the greatest degree process optimization and improving forecasting contract bidding.
Hexagon and Authentise Partner On End-To-End AM Software Solution
The first-of-its-kind solution will integrate shop floor data with data intelligence to orchestrate consistent quality from concept to part. Statistical process control combined with machine learning and artificial intelligence methods will mitigate waste and quality issues during design while improving AM repeatability.
Report: Industry Accelerating Past Recovery, Toward Digital Future
Fictiv’s 2021 State of Manufacturing Report finds manufacturing leaders focused on resilience, sustainability, and speed through digital transformation. But concerns about supply chain and workforce grow.
Beckwood to Manufacture Two Custom Hydraulic Presses for WHK BioSystems
A 110-ton 4-post compression molding machine will be used for R&D, and a 1650-ton compression molding press will be used in the production of UHMW sheets – the demand for which is rising in medical, aerospace, and defense sectors.