Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller® brand arc welding equipment, has announced the release of the next generation of Trailblazer engine-driven welders. New Trailblazer 330 machines are 86 pounds lighter and 13% smaller than previous models — and they provide lower fuel costs and reduced noise. They also deliver improved weld process and parameter control and output, which yield higher weld quality, more productivity and data visibility. The lighter machine coupled with improved features will generate efficiencies and productivity benefits, which are key in today’s landscape.
“New Trailblazer 330 engine-driven welders help construction and fabrication fleet managers optimize their welding operations, delivering the legendary performance and rugged dependability they’ve come to expect, plus more of what operators need to work efficiently and productively,” says Brian Bellile, product manager for Miller. “These next-generation machines redefine the way work gets done.”
Trailblazer 330 engine-driven welders deliver superior weld process control and output. Operators can precisely dial in weld settings for exceptional results, thanks to a new digital user interface and easy-to-use controls. The machines offer up to 330 amps at 31 volts and 100% duty cycle, so operations can get high deposition rates by running bigger-diameter, flux-cored wire and gouging thicker materials. Users also get more control with pulsed TIG, while updated Dynamic DIG™ technology provides smooth, consistent stick arcs tailored to match applications, materials, fit-up and welder technique. Inductance adjustments deliver precise control for flux-cored wire applications.
The machines also include technologies that help reduce fuel costs and jobsite noise. Updated Auto-Speed™ technology automatically adjusts engine speed to match any load, so the engine never runs faster than necessary. Excel™ power delivers auxiliary AC power at fuel-saving, quieter idle speed, while wireless interface control (WIC) allows complete front panel operation from anywhere on the jobsite.
Several exclusive benefits on Trailblazer 330 engine-driven welders also help improve productivity and weld quality, so operations can be more competitive. These include:
- ArcReach® technology: Lets operators change parameters at the weld joint with an ArcReach feeder. This decreases the downtime spent walking to the machine and reduces exposure to slip, trip and fall hazards.
- Cable Length Compensation (CLC™) and Weld Lead Calibration (WLC) technology: Adjusts voltage based on weld cable length, making proper parameter setup faster and ensuring that the voltage an operator sets is the voltage they get — even hundreds of feet away from the machine.
- Auto-Set™ technology: Provides preset controls for speed, convenience and confidence for welders of all skill levels.
- Battery Charge/Crank Assist: Charge batteries (12 or 24V) without needing to use an additional charger or crank assist to start a stubborn machine.
- Polarity Reversing: Allows switching between stick, flux-cored or gouging with no need for cable swaps — saving time and improving weld quality by eliminating the risk of welding in the wrong polarity.
In addition, the Trailblazer 330 delivers more data visibility, making it easier for operations to track maintenance and bid jobs competitively. The user interface shows maintenance screens and provides alerts for upcoming tasks, including oil, filter and generator brush changes. With this information, operations can better plan downtime for scheduled maintenance. In addition, the interface has productivity screens that make it easy to see the hours spent on a specific job. The machines also easily connect to telematics systems, improving fleet visibility.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Miller® brand arc welding products and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW).
Subscribe to learn the latest in manufacturing.
Solar Atmospheres Eastern PA Commissions 20-Bar High Pressure Gas Quench Furnace
The furnace utilizes a 600-HP cooling motor and fan with a creative gas nozzle design to maximize gas flow as it moves through the hot zone and the heat exchanger and back across the workload
Glassett Named Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at SMX Industrial Solutions
Neal Glassett brings a wealth of experience and expertise in financial management, strategic planning, and business development to his new role at this leading provider of advanced steel fabrication solutions.